Guan Kee Char Kway Teow

Ghim Moh is a place I will always remember as a place for breakfast with family. From Carrot Cake, to Chwee Kueh, Soya Chicken Noodles, Thosai etc... Plenty to eat! And every time I am here, and provided you catch them open, there is surely a queue at this stall - Guan Kee Char Kway Teow.  Having a craving and some time to burn, I decided to queue for this finally. 

I have to say, perhaps my expectations were set too high, I wasn't impressed with this plate of noodles. Indeed you have the wok hei there, and for $4 it was a large plate. But I felt that it was a tad too sweet and too oily for my preference. The "hum" (cockles) were too small for a bite, the vegetables were over fried, and the "lup cheong" preserved sausage still had a tough waxy layer of skin on. 




Guan Kee Char Kway Teow

#01-19 Ghim Moh Market and Food Centre
Tue - Wed: 08:00 - 14:30
Fri - Sat: 08:00 - 14:30
Closed: Mon, Thu, Sun


Comments

Popular Posts